Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
Director of Development and Stewardship - Northeast Region
Leads development team and program in northeast Wisconsin to secure financial resources from individuals, corporations, and foundations. Focus will be on developing plan for managing and implementing the sustaining gifts and impact/major gifts program (capstone and traditional programming), including donor acquisition, renewal, upgrading gift levels, and stewardship. Support work to secure corporate partners for high-visibility programs. Interact regularly with Regional Director to ensure connection between philanthropy and student impact. A person who enjoys engaging with Board members, community and business leaders and employing top-rate philanthropic and stewardship practices will thrive in this position. Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills are also needed.
• JA Board Resources ~ Funding: Organize and implement successful gift program from companies selected in conjunction with the Board of Directors. Work in close partnership with the Regional Director. Prepares comprehensive funding proposals for board firms and related institutions and carrying through on all stated deliverables. Serves as JA Leader on the Development and Fundraising Committee.
• Community~ Funding: Along with members of the team, research and manage an ongoing plan to secure sources of funding from corporate, community and private foundations to benefit the Capstone and traditional programs. Complete proposals and ensure grant fulfillment. Lends fundraising expertise to support statewide and intra-regional fundraising initiatives.
• Program Support ~ Funding: Research, identify and assists with securing new sources of support (e.g., foundations and individuals) whose interest and priorities match JA program funding needs. Develops and updates necessary tools for successful funding, e.g.., plans, key performance indicators.
• Relationships: Identifies, manages, and deepens relationships with existing JA donors as well as prospective donors. Manages an active portfolio of 80-100 donors. Conducts 12 in-person and/or virtual visits per month with individuals as a way to introduce JA, invite gift support, and/or provide meaningful stewardship.
• Collaterals: Assists with materials preparation for Board and Committee meetings, including regularly reporting out key performance indicator results to Board and Development Committee.
• Budget: Develops a budget for all development activities in northeast Wisconsin, and accountable for securing revenue to meet the budget objectives. Manages monthly gift reconciliation process.
• Marketing and Branding: Works with JA Wisconsin branding team to help guide the marketing and branding strategy for the Northeast Region.
• Department Goals: Assists in the successful completion of organizational stated revenue goals annually by working with other Development and Program team members.
• Team Development: Directs and develops Event Managers activities. Conducts annual performance reviews.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Proven fund development experience, 3 years minimum
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to interact with Board of Directors
• Knowledge of Fox Valley philanthropic community preferred